LLED 462 - Recipe for a School Library



I have chosen to create a two-minute-long Powtoon animation showing my recipe for a school library for my Module 2 learning curation. I wanted to build on my learning from two weeks ago by creating my second Powtoon and I felt that the animated format lent itself well to a recipe. I am pleased that I was able to record a voiceover for this movie and time it to match the slides.

I see a connection between my essential question (“How can I build relationships with students, teachers, administrators, parents, and other teacher librarians?”) and the goal of school libraries as a hub of literacy and learning. As I mentioned in my animation, I believe that strong relationships are an essential part of the recipe. You can have the newest technology, amazing resources, and flexible seating, but if no one feels welcome in the library, it won’t be successful.

I think that time, another important factor in the school library recipe, contributes to relationships, as the teacher librarian gets to know members of the school community if they are around more and have flexibility in their schedule. I was very disappointed when my daughter’s school reduced the librarian’s hours to less than half of the time and the library was locked more than open. If the library is the hub of the school, students need access to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brainstorming - Future Vision Project Post #1 Design Considerations

Pronouncing Authors' Names aka How do you say Scieszka?

Libraries around the world - Inquiry Blog Post #4