Trying out Symbaloo - A Digital Literacy Webmix


For my Module six learning curation, I started a Symbaloo account and created my first webmix. I started with the MediaSmarts website and the resources found in module six and branched out from there. I curated twenty-five links and categorized them into Images, Videos, Websites, Lesson Plans, Articles & Blog Posts, Books, Workshops, and Tools.

I found the Symbaloo platform easy to use and I enjoy the visual element of the webmix. It reminds me of Pinterest, which I use frequently. I liked the fact that I was able to upload a photo of my choice for each tile and I tried to use the logos from the websites that I found or screenshots from videos. I have been interested in the topic of media literacy for years, so I added links to "Made You Look", a revised version of a Canadian book about advertising. I also remembered a Vancouver-based organization called Check Your Head and linked to two of their workshops on media literacy and gender in advertising.

I feel that I am off to a solid start with my webmix on digital and media literacy and I will definitely be adding to this collection of links as I discover more quality content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brainstorming - Future Vision Project Post #1 Design Considerations

Pronouncing Authors' Names aka How do you say Scieszka?

Libraries around the world - Inquiry Blog Post #4